Single or Double- Factors to Consider when Choosing a Solar Tracker
There are different trackers to choose from and finding the right one requires you to consider various factors that range from weather conditions to the kind of solar panels that you use. The types of solar trackers that are commonly used by engineers at sites are single and dual-axis trackers. Each of these trackers offers certain benefits and understanding how they function makes it easier to find the right tracker for your needs.
Single and Dual-Axis Trackers
- Single axis trackers are characterized by one degree of movement that is used as the rotation axis. Single trackers can be aligned in different cardinal directions. These types of trackers are usually more affordable than their dual counterparts. Single axis trackers are noted for being more reliable and lasting significantly longer than dual or double axis trackers.
- Dual-axis trackers enable more flexibility with two degrees that offer more options of movement. The two axes work to enable the trackers to direct the solar panels towards certain spots in the sky.
- Dual-axis trackers offer various benefits that include more flexibility and are able to produce more energy when there is a lot of sunlight. Dual-axis trackers are also ideal for improving accuracy when pointing at the sky.
- Businesses that have stringent or smaller budgets generally prefer to use single axis trackers. A single-axis tracker is also a good choice for locations that frequently experience cloud cover. The dual-axis tracker is suitable for locations that are sunny with more direct exposure to the sun. Choosing a tracker ultimately depends on applications and budgets. Click here for what is solar tracker.
Tips for Finding a Solar Tracker
- Budget, environment, weather and longevity will help you determine themost appropriatetype of tracker . Unlike fixed arrays that remain in one position, all trackers are able to adjust themselves to the movement of the sun as the day goes on. This captures a higher amount of energy that is used to create electricity.
- The efficiency and complexity of different trackers varies but all trackers have the ability to track the sun. Solar trackers offer different levels of efficiency. Their ability to increase output at high rates has contributed to their widespread utility. Locations play a significant role in how effective a tracker can be.
- The efficiency of any solar tracker will increase when there is direct exposure to as much sunlight as possible. When sunlight is minimal, efficiency is reduced but the tracker continues to perform its basic functions. Installing a tracker increases energy output, which subsequently increases the amount of electricity that each solar panel produces at a particular site.
Increasing the efficiency of your system is essential for utilizing space, regardless of how much you have. The good news for businesses that have minimal space for installation is that they can install tracker to increase power output.
Solar trackers are more beneficial than fixed installations because of their flexibility. Different sites, terrain and specified needs influence the type of tracker that you need to use. Choose a solar tracker that will maximize on energy output according to your needs.
Brian James is a writer who enjoys providing insight into the solar sector. He has written many articles in solar sector which he has posted on major social media platforms. To understand what is solar tracker; visit this site.