If you’re experiencing hair loss, there’s an ocean of products available to reverse balding. Many companies promise their shampoo, conditioner, scalp treatment or spray will reverse hair loss and help to regrow healthy, full locks.
So, instead of making direct suggestions, let’s discuss what you should look for in a balding reversal product that will be right for you and your lifestyle.
First, make sure you can read and understand the list of ingredients. If you can pronounce it and you know what it is, then this is a good product to try. Anything that has non-GMO and organic certification labeled on their products will almost always be a promising bet.
It’s important to understand DHT and its role in balding. DHT or dihydrotestosterone is a hormone in the human body that is puberty’s main player.
DHT is a part of what is responsible for masculine sexual and physical characteristics. This is the reason for boys becoming men with deeper voices and facial hair. It affects women too, just not in the same way as men.
This hormonal activity is an important part of maturity but is the culprit behind most hair loss issues. Unfortunately, this activity may continue long after puberty and that’s when DHT becomes a problem in relationship to hair growth.
Have no fear though, the earth can help reverse this kind of hair loss. Understand, there is no “best DHT blocker,” but there are many products available made with classic treatments; many of which science is proving to be more than mere wives tales and folk remedies.
Look for any of these ingredients on the label of the product in question:
- Argan Oil – For stronger hair to fight hair loss, Argan Oil is key. It keeps the hair and scalp healthy while cleaning hair follicles and the scalp. It can repair shafts of hair, giving fortitude to hair that breaks with ease.
- Caffeine – Topical applications of Caffeine have been successful in several lab studies over the last 10 years. It stimulates hair follicles and promotes rapid hair growth.
- Chamomile – Apigenin is the compound comprising Chamomile that helps hair to grow along with strengthening hair shafts and follicles.
- Ginseng – Several recent studies show how Red Ginseng can stop baldness and reverse the effects of hair loss.
- Red Clover – The isolflavones and flavinoids found in Red Clover can promote hair growth and reverse the effects of DHT.
- Saw Palmetto – Many people swear by Saw Palmetto’s positive effects in reversing baldness. But, not everyone attests to its effectiveness.
- Stinging Nettle – Stinging Nettle shows great promise against hair loss. People used it for centuries to treat balding and still apply it for the same reasons today.
Selecting a Product
Regardless of what you choose to use, ensure the ingredients are easy to read, simple to understand and comprise organic compounds. After all, your hair deserves the best nature has to offer.