The children need regular check up at the clinic for their medicine dose and other vaccination programs. During these visits the doctor might notice something different in the development process of your child. It may also happen that you do notice that there is something different in your child and he is bit different than the others, but most parents ignore these signs. If this happens in your case then the doctor would want to further investigate the matter and if the doubt in development is confirmed then the problem may be autism. The major problem here is that there is no specific single test designed that shows results in positive or negative for autism. So there are various tests that the child needs to go through in order to be diagnosed in a proper manner. There will be a checklist that the doctors have before he can say whether your child has autism or not. The mentioned points briefly state those facts.
- One of the first things that the doctor will ask you is the behavior of your child with the other children of his/her same age. You might have noticed something different in them and this would be the right time to let it out. The different things would be the unwillingness to interact, and infatuation with certain items that are inanimate, and may have an outburst if certain routines are not followed.
- The doctor will go in deep and will start with your family history. There will be a detailed form that you need to fill and this requires the parents to be aware of all the facts, and it will need some efforts on your part to put in the facts correctly. Even the others coming in close contact with your child need to fill the form.
- After these forms are filled the doctor will then call the other specialists in order to find out the problem in the child. One of the first tests to be followed is the hearing tests. In most cases the speaking and other issues happen because the child is not able to hear you properly.
- The pediatrician will call different specialists to find out the problem and then will come to the right conclusion. So it is important to be patient and follow along in the program in order to find out the real issue of your child.
- You need to remember that children grow at different stages, and so you also need to be patient in order to give proper time for them. However, if you notice any different behavior then it is best to take the matter to the pediatrician and then carefully follow up so that issues can be identified in the earlier stage.
- If it is identified that your child has autism, it is best to not prolong the treatment and start with the needed therapy right away and get into the treatment programs.
- There are a lot of treatment programs available out there and so it will be best to research well about them in order to be successful in this regard.
The above mentioned points will help you to take the right steps at the right time. It is important to carry out enough research on what is normal and what is not, so that if you notice anything in your child you can immediately identify the reason for that. If you realize that something is different then make sure to visit the doctor without any delay.