As a stay-at-home mom with three kids I do a lot of laundry. When I say a lot, I mean 1-2 loads a day or more! One of the biggest things that I struggle with is separating my clothes properly. I have a 2 year old girl so naturally I have clothing items that are a little more fragile than others. Tulle, Ruffles, sparkly sequins, or anything else just pretty do not fair very well in a regular washer. Since toddler size clothes can easily hide among larger clothes, I can easily forget to take the hand-washables or non dryer friendly items out before tossing in with the rest of the laundry. With the gentle washer I am able to eliminate that problem. I can load up all my fragile clothing and wash as I need to.
- Living in a tiny home
- Living in a dorm
- Living in an RV or mobile home
- Having a large family
- Minimalist lifestyle living
- Sustainable lifestyle living
- Apartment/Condo Living (especially where washers are not allowed)
- Uses less water, under 5galons per load
- Easily operated
- Safe for tulle and other fragile washables
- Fast- 5 minute wash
- Puts less stress on regular clothes making them last longer
- Uses a tsp of detergent
- Ergonomic handle = No sore arms
- Wash up to 12 t-shirts or 8 dresses in any one load.
- Wash anytime, anywhere even during noise restrictions
- No mess, no soapy hands, and no splashes to clean up afterwards.
- Accessories included
So you must be asking yourself what are the drawbacks of this amazing washer, and I will tell you I only found a few, well I will let you be the judge of the third one.
- It's a little bulky, the base itself is heavier than I expected and wider too. That being said, it's still way more portable than a regular washer and can fit in my car easily. It could be a challenge if you plan on riding the Subway with it.
- If your not careful you can pop the hose off and water will go everywhere, seems like a simple and yet “DUH” thing but double check your hoses before you start.
- Your kids will totally want to wash their own clothes!! I am not joking, the gentlewasher being in my home as actually made my kids more interested in washing than EVER before. Now if only I could get them that excited about drying their clothes AND putting them away we would be on to something! Either way I am taking the #momwin on this one!
I am so excited to be able to wash mini loads, get my kids doing more chores with less water and no electricity. I cannot wait to see the impact using the gentlewasher has on our utilities over a month. I am also really excited about not having to go find a laundromat while camping ever again!!
If you have been considering a manual washer I would highly suggest trying out the gentlewasher not only do you get free shipping in the U.S but you get a 30 risk free trial and returns are free. And it even has a 2-year limited warranty, to put your mind at ease.