CHESTER, NJ (November 2014) French’s French Fried Onions have been adding crunch and delicious taste to the holidays for almost sixty years. This holiday season, the French’s Test Kitchen introduces two exciting new recipe ideas, Crunchy Onion Bacon Potatoes and Crunchy Holiday Stuffing. Made with real onions and a perfect combination of crispy, flavorful goodness,
French’s French Fried Onions can elevate your holiday side dishes from delicious to sublime.
“The versatility of French’s French Fried Onions lends themselves to a variety of uses including these new recipes developed by the culinary experts at French’s,” says Lee Meyer, Brand Manager for French’s French Fried Onions. “Everyone who’s tried our Crunchy Onion Bacon Potatoes and Crunchy Holiday Stuffing has been wowed! The reaction has been one of surprise and delight when they discover it’s a long-standing family favorite that’s the secret behind the elevated taste & texture.” So liven’ up the mashed potatoes and stuffing on your holiday buffet with new ways to serve up these holiday classics.
The tradition of serving French’s French Fried Onions during the holiday season began with the Green Bean Casserole and this year more than 40 million* will be served once again.
So enjoy a spoonful of the original Green Bean Casserole, but be sure to serve it alongside its contemporary counterparts. Then, just sit back and watch with satisfaction as a new family tradition unfolds before your eyes.
*Based on IRI 52 week data
According to IRI, over 135MM ounces of French Fried Onions are sold in November and December. With each Green Bean Casserole requiring 2.8oz of French Fried Onions, that means well over 40MM plus Green Bean Casseroles are made during this time of year.
CRUNCHY ONION BACON POTATOES
Prep Time: 10 minutes, Cook Time: 25 minutes
6 cups prepared mashed potatoes
12 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
2 cups FRENCH’S® French Fried Onions
1. PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Layer half of the potatoes in an 8-inch square baking dish, sprinkle with half the bacon, 1 cup cheese and 1 cup French Fried Onions. Top with remaining potatoes.
2. BAKE 20 minutes or until hot. Top with remaining bacon, cheese and French Fried Onions. Bake 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Prep: 10 minutes Cook: 20 minutes
½ cup (1 stick) butter or margarine
1 ½ cups coarsely chopped celery
1 ½ cups coarsely chopped carrots
1 pkg. (14 oz) stuffing
2 cups FRENCH’S® French Fried Onions
1 can (14.5 oz) chicken broth
1 cup water
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Melt butter in large pot; stir in vegetables and sauté for 5 minutes.
2. Add stuffing, broth and water and stir until moistened. Gently stir in French Fried Onions. Spoon stuffing into 3-quart baking dish.
3. Cover; bake for 10 minutes. Uncover, sprinkle with remaining 1 cup onions. Bake, uncovered, 5 minutes or until onions are golden.
High Resolution Image Courtesy of
French’s® French Fried Onions
FRENCH’S ® GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE
Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 35 minutes
1 (10 3/4 oz.) can CAMPBELL'S® Cream of Mushroom Soup
3/4 cup milk
1/8 tsp. black pepper
4 cups cooked, cut green beans
1 1/3 cups FRENCH'S® Original or Cheddar French Fried Onions
1. MIX soup, milk and pepper in a 1 1/2-qt. baking dish. Stir in beans and 2/3 cup French Fried Onions.
2. BAKE at 350°F for 30 min. or until hot.
2. STIR. Top with remaining 2/3 cup onions. Bake 5 minutes until onions are golden.
Look for French’s Original and Cheddar French Fried Onions in the canned vegetable aisle at your favorite supermarket. For more great recipes and cooking tips from the test kitchen at French’s, please visit www.frenchs.com.
The FRENCH’S® Foods Company is the maker of FRENCH’S® French Fried Onions and a division of Reckitt Benckiser, a leading manufacturer, marketer, and distributor of food and household products. Some other well known, trusted household names in the RB family of food products include FRENCH’S® Mustard, FRANK’S® REDHOT® Cayenne Pepper Sauce and FRENCH’S® Worcestershire Sauce.