7 Healthy Ways to Balance Your Hormones in Men
- Decreasing testosterone levels in men contribute to infertility, erectile dysfunction, low energy, diminished sex drive, and increased body fat.
- Low testosterone is caused by obesity, an unhealthy lifestyle, an estrogenic diet, sleep deprivation, and stress.
- Individuals can achieve healthy testosterone levels by adopting a T-rich diet, cutting down on T-killing foods, and observing good lifestyle practices.
- You can also work on your sleeping habits, practice stress-reducing activities, and exercise.
- Men’s Up Flow is one of the top-rated male enhancements that may boost testosterone synthesis, libido, and energy.
Testosterone is the male sex hormone and the building block of male fertility. Its healthy levels are essential for workouts, high sex drive, performance in the bedroom, and confidence. A decline in the body testosterone levels leads to various conditions – Erectile Dysfunction is the most notable condition.
A review study conducted in 2020 observed a steady decline in testosterone levels in adult males from the US and Europe. The trend was recorded from the 1970s to the early 2000s, without much change since. Health experts consider infertility one of the predominant men’s sexual problems.
The decline in testosterone levels and fertility is attributed to obesity, unhealthy lifestyle, and diet, which are concerning men’s health issues. On the other hand, there are many healthy ways to improve your hormone balance.
Causes of Hormonal Imbalance in Men
- An unhealthy diet that includes junk food
- Metabolic conditions and hormonal diseases like diabetes, hypercholesterolemia, and thyroid imbalance
- Inactivity or lack of exercise
- Foods that promote estrogen synthesis in men
- Zinc and mineral deficiency
- Vitamin deficiency
- Prescription medications
- Sleep deprivation
What Are Some Healthy Ways for Balancing Hormone Levels in Men?
- Diet. A healthy diet restructures your body’s hormonal makeup, boosts testosterone synthesis, and battles infertility. A diet rich in proteins, vitamins, minerals, and good cholesterol is ideal for your T-levels.
Oysters, tuna, and shellfish are popular choices as pro-testosterone foods. They are rich in minerals like zinc, copper, and Vitamin D, which contribute to male sexual development. A scientific study states that zinc is crucial for spermatogenesis and improves sperm motility, quality, and semen consistency.
Egg and dairy products are also beneficial for male health as they contain Vitamin D, needed for the biochemical synthesis of testosterone.
2. Drop Unhealthy Lifestyle. Alcoholism is one of the serious men’s health issues, affecting the heart, liver, and mental health. It harms the Sertoli Cells in the testis and depletes sperm production.
Not only does excessive alcohol consumption kill your chances of achieving an erection, but it is also linked to low T-levels in men. You can start by limiting your regular alcohol intake, adopting moderate drinking, and integrating into a rehab program if necessary.
An overdependence on antidepressants is not only bad for your brain health, but it also hurts your testosterone levels. Consult your physician and ask for a detailed assessment or alternative therapy.
3. Manage Your Stress. Stress is a testosterone killer; it will damage your mental health and also increase cortisol levels. A clinical study established that testosterone levels decrease in response to various types of stress. In addition, the study observed that low testosterone during stress leads to anxiety and depression and impacts cognitive performance.
So how do we deal with stress? You can manage psychological stress by practicing mindfulness and yoga. Give yourself some “me time,” watch your favorite movie, and spend time with your loved ones.
4. Adopt A Healthy Sleep Cycle. Did you know that your body releases testosterone overnight while you are asleep? Yes, that explains the morning wood. Our bodies have rich testosterone levels in the morning; however, your sleeping habit can affect it for the worse.
A study of sleep deprivation on 28 consenting individuals by the University of Chicago made a few observations. The testosterone levels steadily declined after sleep deprivation. Also, there was an increase in cortisol levels. These factors led to a decreased libido, low energy, poor concentration, and stress.
Make a habit and train yourself to go to bed early to get at least 8 hours of sleep. A good workout in the evening will help you get to bed early.
5. Cut Down Estrogenic Foods. An estrogenic diet can also cause men’s sexual problems. It includes foods like flax seeds, soy milk, peaches & berries. Are these foods bad for your health? No, they provide some of the best dietary vitamins and proteins. However, if you want to keep your estrogen levels low and protect your body’s testosterone levels, please monitor your intake of such foods.
6. Lose Body Fat and Exercise. As mentioned above, workouts help you sleep better and keep a check on your body fat levels. On the other hand, inactivity is linked to obesity, an increase in BMI, and it dramatically reduces testosterone levels.
How does that happen? Obesity means increased visceral fat, which decreases the free testosterone levels. Also, this fat promotes estrogen synthesis and increases anti-androgenic hormone pathways.
The best way to tackle obesity is by targeted steps – first, check your BMI. After that, you can get a customized diet plan and workout plan. Start small and slow and work towards a healthy BMI level.
7. Take Male Enhancement Supplements. Sometimes we need a push to achieve our fitness goals. Mens UpFlow is one of the top-rated male enhancements widely used for achieving strong erections, amplified libido, muscle growth, and better prostate health. It contains herbal ingredients like Tongkat Ali and Tribulus Terrestris that promote testosterone synthesis and enhance sex drive and cognitive abilities. L-arginine present in the supplement boosts nitric oxide activity in the body, resulting in rigid erections.
Many Mens UpFlow review postings talk positively about the supplement’s male enhancement effects.
The best course of action for improving your testosterone levels is by making appropriate changes to your lifestyle. Start by adopting a healthy diet, exercising daily, going to bed early, and making positive changes to your life.
In addition to the above steps, you can take a male enhancement supplement like Mens UpFlow, which complements the positive changes in your life. Also, several Mens UpFlow review writings by users support the product’s claims.