Hen In A Hurry
Hen In A Hurry
Today I want to share my experience and opinion of just one of the many meals available through this DELICIOUS food subscription service, Hen In A Hurry. I will be reviewing several other meals from their subscription box to show you a little taste of the variety available. So be sure to follow for more updates!
Check out the information below for special discount codes for a limited time!!
Our First Meal Experience
My husband and I decided to try out the Hoppin’ John Cajun Shrimp with Fire Roasted Vegetables. He’s been working long hours on a split shift and we were looking for something quick to eat together without sacrificing flavor and our health. As a type 2 diabetic, eating a healthy meal that tastes great is very important for him.
As indicated on the back of the packaging, you can reheat these meals in their containers either in the microwave or even in the oven. We opted for the microwave method. We heated both containers separately. The plastic containers are quite sturdy and did not buckle or warp once heated.
The Hoppin’ John Cajun Shrimp has 4 servings total and the Fire Roasted Vegetables has 8 servings. Since it’s just the two of us, we split the meal evenly. The portion size is quite generous.
Hoppin’ John Cajun Shrimp
The Hoppin’ John Cajun Shrimp was flavorful and seasoned well. The shrimp are plentiful and they do have their tails, which I personally like. In my opinion, it adds flavor whilst cooking and seems more authentic to what I’ve experienced when I’m dining out at a fine restaurant. We did not find it to be overly spicy. You can add your own extra heat to it if you prefer.
Fire Roasted Vegetables
The Fire Roasted Vegetables are perfect. There is a wonderful variety of vegetables within this medley. Garlic, sea salt and black pepper are the seasonings here. There’s nothing over-the-top – nice and simple – to appeal to pretty much everyone’s palette.
How It Compares
You may have heard of and even tried other subscriptions where you are shipped a box of pre-measured ingredients, recipe cards & more so that you can cook your meals quickly at home. Hen In A Hurry takes this idea one amazing step further for your convenience. They offer prepared meals made with clean, sustainably sourced, responsibly raised ingredients from trusted farmers and purveyors. There’s no waste. No prep. No preservatives. Simply heat and enjoy in minutes!
Deals for new customers
1. (30) Individual Meals – Subscription for a month – Deal Price: $173.25 – DEAL: 45% off ($141.75 off $315) 1st month subscription
2. (7) Individual Meals – Subscription for a week – Deal Price: $59 – DEAL: $40 off 1st week’s subscription (normally $99)
3. (2) 2 days a week – Family Meals – Includes a side and entrée for a family of 4 (8 total meals) – Deal Price: $47 – DEAL: $15 off 1st week’s subscription (normally $62)
4. (4) 4 days a week – Family Meals – Includes a side and entrée for a family of 4 (16 total meals) – Deal Price: $71 – DEAL: $25 off 1st week’s subscription (normally $96)
5. (6) 6 days a week – Family Meals – Includes a side and entrée for a family of 4 (24 total meals) – Deal Price: $97 – DEAL: $35 off 1st week’s subscription (normally $132)