My sister loves to cook, and try out new recipes. She loves to try new things and being able to do this for her family. When we got the chance to try Pereq Gourment we were more then happy too.
Produces more than 60 varieties of spices, spice blends and herbs. The spices are pure, fresh and natural with no additives, no preservatives, no added volume and no food coloring. We were so excited to try these new things. The fact that they are all natural and healthy for the whole family.
Combined with the finest of ingredients like mushrooms, robust vegetables, and elegant pices perfectly blended for the quickest and simple dishes. Company, established in 1906,is a family business, which encompasses many years of history, expertise, professionalism and know-how that were passed on through the generations as an inheritance from father to son.
We were able to get some seasonings and soup mixes. With just a little bit of seasoning you can turn a great dish into something better, they believe that food should provide comfort, and connect people to family and culture, community, and the planet, they have a verity of products that are Non GMO and/or Gluten Free.
1 cup Pereg Gourmet Chickpeas, rinsed well
2 plum tomatoes, small diced
2 tablespoons basil, sliced in a chiffonade
2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1 garlic clove, minced
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
¼ teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
Salt and black pepper to taste
1 large baguette cut into slices and toasted
1. The night before cooking, soak the chickpeas. Place the chickpeas in a large 4-quart stockpot and cover with 2-3 inches of water. Cover, and allow to soak overnight,
2. The next day, drain and rinse the chickpeas and place them back in the stockpot. Cover with water by 3 inches and bring to a boil. Lower to a simmer, cover and simmer for about 60 minutes until tender. Drain, and let cool.
3. Combine chickpeas, tomatoes, basil, parsley, and Parmesan cheese and mash the chickpeas slightly.
4. In a separate small bowl, whisk together garlic, lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil, red chili pepper flakes, cumin and salt and pepper to taste.
5. Combine chickpea mixture with dressing and spoon onto baguette slices. Garnish with more Parmesan. Serve immediately.
They even have cereal, how cool is that vanilla, chocolate, strawberry and vanilla. all different flavors of rice and bread crumbs and of course soup and seasonings. All that can and will make a awesome comnination to any meal.