Choosing a baby name for your child is almost like choosing his identity. Ever heard about the association of a person’s name with his personality? That’s how our names really work. A name molds a person’s identity like a cookie-cutter. So, better get that best baby name for your son or daughter.
1. Stop it already with the dictates of your family’s tradition. Choosing the right baby name does not have to always rely on what your elderly relatives deem to be the best baby name. It is your baby’s name, not theirs. So, better act like it. Once your baby is born he will be stuck with that baby name for life. That means it’s not wise to just settle for any baby name that will suit your grandma’s or auntie’s taste.
2. Take a look of a picture of his future. You don’t want your baby to be always and forever be ridiculed his playmates to make a big laughingstock out of him, right? Research about the meaning of the baby name you are eyeing to give to your baby. Just plainly saying yes to your stomach , thinking of the people that pops into your head upon hearing somebody spout a certain name, trying to follow a fad by naming your baby a certain celebrity’s (sometimes notorious) or NOT THINKING AT ALL in giving your precious one his or her baby name are huge no-nos!
3. Consider reading the initials of the baby name you are planning to give your baby. Make sure they don’t stand for anything funny, disturbing or something utterly stupid. Can you imagine the sickening situation you may put your child into when he or she grows up?
4. Go check your family tree once and for all. Some can’t still get away from some traditions regarding baby name decisions, especially when they have a special bond with a certain family member that they want that person’s name to be a part of their baby’s name.You don’t want to confuse people when they’re calling a name that’s owned by two. Ask around.
5. Being too creative on thinking of a baby name can backfire, I’m telling you. Examples are too unique spellings. It will be hard for the kid to keep on spelling his or her name to people who only know the common spelling of such name.
6. Decide with your partner in coming up with the best baby name for your sweet baby. Sharing on this kind of decision-making is a good way of furthering your bond as a couple, not to mention the possibility of coming up with a better baby name. Remember that the “two heads are better than one” thought also applies to dealing with the troubles of finding the most suitable baby name for your baby.
Sound, appeasing relatives and friends and avoiding embarrassing initials and discovery of disgusting meanings are some of the major concerns that should be considered in your quest for the perfect baby name. You might find them a bit taxing. But in the long run, you’ll see that doing your homework will make your baby thank you when the right time comes. Happy baby naming!
I know I am names after my moms best friend she had passed away before I was born so im her name sack. My sisters named after my grandfather and my dads best friend and my niece has her aunts middle name , because she never met her and she was going to get her name somehow. So all of our names come from people who are passed on and loved.