SpeakingPhoto®, the iOS and now Android app, turns pictures into stories to enhance and give value to photos. Families can add a simple voice recording to old photos, giving them new meaning and ancestry data, businesses can capture real product testimonials, and everyone can personalize their memories and share SpeakingPhotos instantly via social media or privately via text and email.
“Traditionally a photo's value has diminished over time because we forget the players in the story and the photo becomes a mystery,” stated SpeakingPhoto CEO and Founder Dawn Davis. “SpeakingPhoto changes that experience by adding voice, a valuable tool to keep memories alive forever,” Davis said.
Behind every SpeakingPhoto is a story more telling than any standalone photo. Open the app, shoot your photo or choose one from your camera roll, record your message or story, save and share instantly publicly or privately. Tag up to eight SpeakingPhotos to build a slideshow, send the same way.
“What's unique about SpeakingPhoto is how easily one can capture the real family story,” said SpeakingPhoto Partner and CMO Diana Parker. “Just take a digital image of an old family photo and let grandpa tell his story. There is no easier way to record family history and build memories that last beyond lifetimes,” Parker added.
More Uses for SpeakingPhotos:
- ArtSpeak —The storage answer to schoolwork; take a photo, have your child explain it, a work of art forever preserved.
- Thank Yous—Take a photo of your gift or enjoying your gift, record your gratitude, instantly share.
- Idea Generating Tool—Renovating, got an idea? Snap visuals, voice your opinion, share.
- Storytelling —Take a trip, send stories back; your photo, your voice, easily and instantly.
- Last Minute Gift —Tag up to eight SpeakingPhotos to create an instant album for birthdays and other celebrations.
SpeakingPhoto is available in in English, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, French, German, Japanese and Chinese.
SpeakingPhoto is a collaboration of Dawn Davis and Diana Iles Parker, two San Francisco Bay Area moms, business veterans, and social advocates. The concept originated from a school fundraiser showcasing kindergarten artwork combined with voice-overs of children expressing their work. The emotional response from parents prompted the development of SpeakingPhoto.