We all need a break from time to time. But sometimes, taking a day off can feel more trouble than it’s worth. Between planning and preparing, finding the time (and energy) to relax can be challenging.
But what if there was a way to take a day off that was simple, easy, and didn’t require any planning at all? That’s where the staycation comes in.
What Is A Staycation?
A staycation is precisely what it sounds like: a vacation you take home. And while it may not sound as glamorous as jetting off to an exotic locale, there are plenty of benefits to taking a staycation.
For one, staying at home means that you don’t have to spend any money on travel. And since you’re not travelling, you don’t have to worry about packing.
But the most significant benefit of a staycation is that it’s the perfect opportunity to relax and recharge. Without the stress of planning or preparing for a trip, you can finally take the time to do things you enjoy without worrying about anything else.
So if you need a break but don’t have the time or money for a traditional vacation, consider staying a staycation instead. Here’s how to make the most of your day at home.
How To Plan Your Staycation
The best thing about a staycation is that there’s no planning required. But even though there’s no need to book flights or hotels, there are still a few things you should do to prepare for your day at home.
First, make sure you have everything you need to be comfortable. This includes plenty of pillows, blankets, and any snacks or drinks you might want.
Next, take some time to think about what you want to do with your day. This is your chance to do things you usually don’t have time for, so make the most of it.
Finally, set some ground rules for yourself. If you live with roommates or family members, let them know that you’re not to be disturbed for the day. And if you have work obligations, make sure you set aside time to take care of them.
Now that you’ve planned your staycation, it’s time to enjoy it. Here are some ideas for things to do on your day at home.
What To Do On Your Staycation
The possibilities are endless regarding things to do in a staycation. But if you’re looking for inspiration, here are a few ideas to get you started.
- Catch up on sleep: One of the best things about a staycation is that you can finally catch up on all the sleep you’ve been missing. So close the blinds, turn off your alarm, and snuggle into bed for a long nap.
- Read a book: Use your time at home to catch up on all the books you’ve been meaning to read. Whether you’re curled up in bed or relaxing in a comfy chair, taking some time to read is the perfect way to unwind.
- Watch a movie: If you’re in the mood for some entertainment, use your staycation as an opportunity to catch up on all the movies you’ve been meaning to watch. Make some popcorn and settle in for a marathon of your favourite films.
- Take a bath: There’s nothing quite like a relaxing soak in the tub to rejuvenate your mind and body. So add some bubbles, light candles, and enjoy some well-deserved me-time.
- Get organised: Use your staycation as an opportunity to get your life in order. Whether decluttering your home or organising your finances, taking time to get organised will help you feel more relaxed and prepared for what’s ahead.
- Connect with friends: Being at home doesn’t mean you have to be alone. Use your staycation as an opportunity to reach out to friends and family members you haven’t talked to in a while. Give them a call, send them a text, or even better, meet them in person.
- Do something creative: Use your day at home to tap into your creative side. Whether painting, writing, or scrapbooking, taking some time to be creative will help you unwind and relax.
- Exercise: Just because you’re not going anywhere doesn’t mean you can’t get moving. Use your staycation as an opportunity to get some exercise, whether it’s going for a run or doing a workout video at home. Not only will you feel better physically, but you’ll also feel more relaxed and refreshed mentally.
- Pamper yourself: A staycation is a perfect opportunity to pamper yourself and care for your mind and body. So treat yourself to a massage, a Mani or Pedi, or a new haircut. Whatever makes you feel good, do it.
- Make something: Whether you’re baking cookies or building a birdhouse, use your staycation as an opportunity to get crafty and make something. Not only will you have fun in the process, but you’ll also have a lasting reminder of your special day.
What To Wear On Your Staycation
The best part about staying home is that you can wear whatever you want. Whether you’re lounging in your PJs or getting dressed up for a night in, here are some ideas for what to wear on your staycation.
- Pyjamas: There’s no better way to relax than spending the day in your cosiest pair of pyjamas. So whether you’re lounging around the house or taking a nap, make sure you’re comfortable and stylish in your PJs.
- Athleisure: If you’re planning on getting some exercise during your staycation, ensure you’re dressed for the occasion. Throw on a pair of yoga pants and a comfy top, and you’ll be ready to move.
- A cute outfit: Just because you’re staying at home doesn’t mean you can’t dress up and look your best. So put on your favourite dress or shirt and take time to style your hair and do your makeup. You never know who you might run into (even if it’s the delivery person).
- Comfortable clothes: When it comes to staycations, comfort is critical. So make sure you’re wearing clothes you can move and relax in. Jeans, a t-shirt or leggings and a sweatshirt are always good options.
- Whatever makes you happy: At the end of the day, it’s essential to wear whatever makes you happy. So if that means lounging around in your birthday suit, we say go for it.
A great place to find all the clothes you need is Bedroom Athletics. To make it easier, here is a Bedroom Athletics discount code.
A staycation can be a fun and affordable way to relax and recharge. With a little bit of planning, you can create an itinerary that will have you enjoying all the best your city has to offer.
And since you don’t need to worry about packing or getting around, you can let loose and enjoy your time off. So what are you waiting for? Start planning your perfect staycation today.