Has working in New York for several hours every day resulted in a burnout? That sometimes, while you’re at work, you daydream about a pleasant and relaxing afternoon doing things you love to do? Then maybe you need a well-deserved vacation nearby or a quick escape from the busy streets of the Big Apple. Whether you need a week-long holiday or just a short break, Lake Placid is the perfect place for you.
Lake Placid has been one of the most excellent spots for a vacation in New York. Lake Placid vacation rental offers a wide range of activities that you and your loved ones would enjoy. Lake Placid has excellent restaurants to eat from, art galleries to visit, and spas that help you relax and revitalize. To add, you can also try different activities while you’re there like hiking, camping, biking, and more.
Are you looking for a place to stay? There are a variety of options depending on your budget. Staying in a lake placid vacation rental cabin is one of the best experiences you can get as it helps you enjoy your stay without any distractions and stress.
Things to Do in Lake Placid:
- Mirror Lake. Experience exquisite walks around the lake while enjoying the calmness that it offers. Watching the sunrise and sunset here will be one of the most memorable moments in your trip as it brings a breathtaking view. There are different activities to enjoy, such as kayaking, paddleboarding, dog sledding, and more.
- Olympic Ski Jump Complex. You can watch ski-divers perform daring jumps and get to see how high it is. They also provide training for kids and young athletes who want to learn.
- Mount Jo. If you’re into nature trips and hiking, this one's for you. Hiking on Mount Jo can be done in two ways, the short trail and the long trail. Taking the shorter route would be more difficult, but it is doable. It will take you about 30 minutes before you reach the high peak. If you choose the long trail, it would be an hour-long but is more comfortable to trek. The view from the top will leave you stunned by its elegance.
- Herb Brooks Arena. Hockey fan or not, this multi-purpose arena is a must-visit when you come to Lake Placid, New York. This arena is a famous landmark and is known for hosting the 1980 Winter Olympics where the famous ice-hockey game called Miracle on Ice took place.
- Bobsled and Luge Complex. You can visit the site without a ticket and take a look back in history as there are displays of trophies and old sleds used in the Olympics. The bobsled ride is a much-have experience that you don’t want to miss as it brings an exhilarating and triumphant feeling during and after the trip.
These are some things you can do when you visit Lake Placid. The good thing about going here for a vacation is that you can come any time of the year, at any season, and still enjoy it. It’s time to book a Lake Placid vacation rental and experience an enjoyable and relaxing trip.