Today, people need more fuel-efficient vehicles. The automobile industry is booming, petrol prices are steadily hiking, and global warming is taking a turn for the worst, which makes it all the more necessary to save money via fuel-efficient driving.
Here are a few tips to help you out:
- The way you drive can make the biggest difference to how much fuel you save or waste. Remember, it is a car, not a battering ram, so don't hit the brakes on your vehicle with force. Stopping and starting time and again eat away at your fuel in an enormous capacity.
- If your vehicle uses a manual gearbox, try to shift into the highest gear as early as possible for maximal fuel efficiency. Driving in a lower gear than necessary consumes fuel more quickly, as a rule. Power options tend to ease the car into lower gears, so evade them as far as possible.
- If you are driving an automatic car, accelerate moderately so that the transmission will shift up to higher gears.
- Avoid fuel evaporation by screwing the gas cap onto your car very securely after filling the tank and by parking in the shade to prevent overheating- this also reduces the necessity for air conditioning. If winters are frosty where you live, you can use a block heater to keep your engine oil and coolant heated.
- Don't let your car sit idle. Yes, the traffic light will go green at any moment, but a significant portion of fuel will burn away while you wait for it. Turn off your ignition if you are waiting outside someone's home, or in front of the supermarket.
- Tires inflated to the correct pressure level and low-resistance tires (eco-friendly tires are built to reduce rolling resistance) provide a quantifiable advantage in fuel efficiency.
- Get your car in the workshop for servicing at the recommended times. If your air filters are unclean, engine oil has been unchanged for over 5000 miles, or the engine is poorly tuned, your fuel economy could be in trouble.
- Make sure you haven't rendered your car un-aerodynamic with any unwieldy accessories on the outside. These create drag that slows your car down and causes depletion in fuel efficiency.
These tips will prove to be useful and save money, in the long run, Newark Chrysler Jeep they have all your car needs.